Sunday, January 1, 2006

Silent Night, Holy Night

We took Morgan to her first Christmas Eve service at our church this year. We decided to go to the 11:00 service since she would be asleep. Well...she wasn't! I think she was very excited for Santa's visit because she did not want to go to bed! We were getting ready to leave our house at 10:30 and she was still awake! We figured she would definitly be asleep by the time we got to the church but we were wrong. She was wide awake. Many people commented on how nice it was to have a little baby at the Christmas Eve Service, one man even said it would be very appropriate to have a baby crying that night...I must agree, but I sure didn't want her to cry through the entire service! She was a perfect angel! No tears at all! (I actually think this is the first time one of us didn't have to leave the sanctuary to sooth her during a service!) I stood in the back swinging her in her carseat for the beginning of the service and she just drifted off to slumber land easier than she ever had before! It was very touching to see our sweet baby sleeping so peacefully with the beautiful music in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment