Lauren and Uncle Bri tearing it up on the ice...he was the king of spins! (Is that a belly button I see?!)Sydney was a little nervous about skating and wasn't sure if she really wanted to go. Lauren was all revved up and couldn't wait. While we were driving to our house she told me that she hoped she was going to be a beautiful ice skater. I told her that she would most definitely be a terrific ice skater. Once we made it to my house and Syd saw how excited Morgan was she started warming up to the idea of skating. Morgan cracked us all up by calling her skates "skaters". " want to wear my ice skaters mommy!" "Can I take my ice skaters home?" "I love my skaters!" What a goon!
Melissa and Scott met up with us at the ice skating rink to give us some much needed helping hands. We basically needed one grown up to a little one and someone to sit with Grayson. I wasn't sure Morgan (or the other girls for that matter) would even be able to stand on the skates but as soon as we strapped their little piggies in they were ready to roll! I could not believe how steady they were!
Once we made it out on the ice we realized how difficult is was going to be. The girls had a hard time standing on their own without slipping/falling. We found that one of the easiest ways to skate was by holding on to them under their armpits. However, this proved to be dangerous on my first lap with Morgan. Her skates got caught up with mine and we bit it. I fell so hard and twisted my knee that I didn't think I was going to be able to stand up. I was hurting for a few days afterwards!!! The girls had a blast and the grown-ups were exhausted (we had a blast too!) and we hope to go skating again sometime (soon?!). Sorry the picture quality is so low. It was difficult taking pictures through the plastic windows and hard to focus with all of the moving bodies flying by!! You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!





We had SO MUCH FUN! I think my back was in bent-over position for a good week afterwards. And I'm the shortest of the so-called grown-ups...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome gift, Aunt Mel & Unka Bri!
I love ice skating! Haven't had the guts to take the kids yet, though. (There's a near-by indoor skating rink.) It doesn't help that Kansas Dad doesn't do skating (bad ankles). Someday...
ReplyDelete