Saturday, April 14, 2007

Trip to The Dells

Back in March Brian and I thought it would be fun to have a little weekend getaway. He and Rique had been wanting to go skiing all winter and it looked like time was running out! We planned a trip to the Dells so that Morgan and I could have fun at the hotel while the boys went skiing. We booked a room at The Wilderness Resort in the Glacier Canyon Lodge. The resort is HUGE!! It has three indoor waterparks, laser tag, a paint your own pottery studio, many restaurants and more! You can walk to any part of the resort because it is all connected with sky walks or you can take a shuttle to different areas.
We arrived Friday night and the boys were anxious to do a little swimming. Morgan was less than pleased when I took her Big Bird sweatshirt off and put her swimming suit on so her and I sat Friday night swimming out. She was much happier when she got her sweatshirt back on!
The guys were able to hit a few of the slides and the lazy river before the park closed for the night.
The next morning they headed out to hit the slopes so Morgan and I had the day to ourselves! Girls Day!! We got ready and headed to the nearest indoor waterpark. We had so much fun! She loved the little slides and cuddled up with me on the lazy river. (I think that was my favorite part...she was so snuggly!) We were both getting hungry so we headed back to the room to dry off before looking for a place for lunch. After we walked what seemed like 100 miles (I told you it was big) back to our room we were locked out! The stupid key wasn't working! Since this was such a huge place you couldn't just walk down to the lobby. I don't even think it was connected to our building! I was able to find an 800 number on the back of my key and called it. It was the reservation line and she couldn't connect me to the front desk. She said, "I've had that problem before and I was putting the key in the wrong way." I said to her, "I'm not stupid, I know how to use a key. It worked when we left and it doesn't work now. I need to get into my room!" Ughhh, what next?! She looked up the number for the front dest for me. Thanks! So, I'm standing outside my room dripping wet with a hungry/fussy Morgan and I'm trying to memorize the stupid number to the front desk. Luckily I did and they were able to send someone from housekeeping to open the door for me! Yea!
We dried off and headed out again for lunch. (After checking the keys about 10 times) We walked and walked some more exploring our resort and found a cute pub/restaurant for lunch. It was very yummy and Morgan was such a good girl! By the time we made it back to the room she was so tired! I think she fell asleep before her head hit the pillow.
Our Big Girl!
Morgan's Little Chair
Girl's Day Lunch
Pooped.
Morgan and Rique wear green for St. Patrick's Day!
Morgan in Rique's Jacket! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Down the Slide!
Brrrrrrrrr it's freezing in here!
Daddy helping Morgan on another slide
I love Uncle Rique!
Wrong Way
Come on Rique, give me a boost!
MP playing with the boys
Keeping warm with Mommy
Miss Purple Lips

Morgan took a big nap and the boys came back sore but ready to swim. We had such a great evening! We went to the two other water parks in our resort to see if they were just as fun as the first. They sure were! One of them had a huge play area for little kids. Morgan was still a little small for some of the slides but it will be perfect for her in a year or so! The boys took turns helping her down the slides while I took pictures and video. It was so fun to see her having such a good time!

Towards the end of the evening she got so cold that her lips turned the darkest shade of purple I have ever seen! It was like pulling teeth to get her out of the water but I knew she needed to warm up! I had to take her into one of the locker rooms and hold her under the hand dryers so that she would warm up! Poor baby! Even then she wanted to swim more but I was able to keep her out of the pool. She played so hard that she was able to fall asleep in the room with Brian, Rique and I talking and the TV on! She was pooped!

Got My Drinks!

On the way to the car Morgan insisted on carrying her drinks. She had two big bottles to juggle but she wouldn't let any of us help her! She is quickly becoming Miss Independent! We really enjoyed ourselves and will be coming back to The Wilderness Resort again! We highly recommend it!!

1 comment:

  1. Morgan looks so cute in her bathing suits! I can imagine how much fun it would be at a resort like that. Caleb has a great time at our Y and it's just one kiddie slide.

    ReplyDelete