Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Camp Durham

Ok! It's time to get back to it! I have been so busy that I haven't found the time to post. I promise to get back into the swing of things but it may take me awhile! We have to step all of the way back to September for these posts!

In early September my Dad and Lin opened up the first ever "Camp Durham." We all (Me, Bri, Morgan, Missy, Scott, Syd, Lauren, Dad, Lin, Stephanie (Lin's daughter), Michael (Lin's Son), Charlotte (Michael's girlfriend) and Emily (Steph's best friend)) set up camp on Friday night and stayed through Sunday. The side yard was filled with all of our tents, horseshoes and croquette while the back yard was ready for campfires and all that comes with them! (Smores & hotdogs) We had such a great time!

Morgan just loves being outdoors and she fell asleep on my shoulder sitting by the fire. We slept in our tent the first night but Morgan woke up many times because of the cold. I went in the house at some point to warm up. Needless to say we slept in the house on Saturday night. (Much warmer and to my liking.)

One of my favorite parts of the camping trip was the hayride that Dad and Lin set up for the girls. They bought a couple bales of hay, put one in the cart that pulls behind the riding lawn mower and one at the back of the house as sort of a "loading area" for the girls. All three of the girls loved riding in the hayrack and I believe they made Grandpa drive around for at least a half of an hour if not more!

We had a great time and are looking forward to the second annual Durham Camping Trip! (Minus any kayak rides down the Mackinaw...see me for more information. That story will take me another month to type)

"The Campground"

More Campground

Grandpa Driving the Hayride

Waiting Anxiously

My battery went dead before the hayride began but Melissa and Scott took some very cute shots of the girls. I will share some later!

1 comment:

  1. We're almost caught up...pics of the campout on the Caseys site coming soon!

    ReplyDelete