Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Camper

I finally did it. I went camping. In a tent. With bugs. And rain. And a baby. I must have lost my mind.

Just kidding! I actually had a very nice time. I bought a tent for Brian for Father's Day last year but we were never able to go since I was so pregnant at the time. This year we were going to camp for two nights to make up for last year. Well, it didn't work out that way at all! We got packed up after work on Friday and headed out to the Comlara Camp Ground at Lake Evergreen. When we arrived we saw the big fat sign that said FULL Fri-Sun! Oh No! (It just broke my heart ;-) So back home we went. Brian pouted and we ordered China Star. What a nice evening!

Then next day we called to see if there were any cancellations and they had 5 openings! Yippe. Since they wouldn't take a reservation we headed out to the camp ground with our tent and set it up right away. On our way back home to get the rest of our things it looked like a storm was blowing in. We started loading the car and the rain came down. Very hard. It took awhile but the rain passed and we headed to the camp ground once again. The rain was a blessing because it cooled the temp and got rid of some of the bugs and dust. I said some of the bugs, not all. (I spent the first half of the evening killing 8 million bugs in the tent. Yuck.) The rest of the night went very well. Morgan and Rosco had a blast. They both love to be outside so they were in heaven.

It rained the next day so we weren't able to stay that long and Bri only got to fish for about 5 seconds before he got drenched but I would say it was a nice trip overall. I would go again. (I know Sarah, Joe, Kim and Darin are all picking their jaws up off of the floor right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment